Episode 91 of The pause.com Entertainment Podcast is live!
This episode of The pause.com Entertainment Podcast is brought to you by Yumbly. Search Chicago-area restaurants and menus to find exactly what you’re hungry for. Yum.
NOTE: To subscribe to the pause.com Entertainment Podcast on iTunes Click here to open iTunes to our podcast, then click the SUBSCRIBE button.
We start out this episode with some listener mail, general pleasantries and the like.
In video games, Tony talks about Test Drive Unlimited 2 and Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet. Lou mentions not being able to talk about the Star Wars: The Old Republic Beta that he’s playing. Miscellaneous video game news follows.
In TV (~15:10), the segment starts with the guys talking Falling Skies (but not really), and Master Chef, as well as Take the Money and Run. Tony talks about It’s Worth What? and True Blood. Lou talks about Smallville, Storage Wars and a few other things. Random TV news tidbits after that.
In Movies (~42:40), Tony saw Rise of the Planet of the Apes, and saw The Dirty Dozen as part of Tony’s Classic Film Project. Lou watched Fair Game, Gene Generation and Wargames: The Dead Code. Miscellaneous movie news follows.
In the Mash-Up segment (~1:16:40) the news this week includes:
- There’s finally going to be a Star Trek theme park!
- Seagate’s new GoFlex Turbo drives include free data recovery
- Apple has blocked the sale of Samsung’s Galaxy Tab 10.1 in most of the EU
- We’ve just discovered a 1000-foot asteroid in Earth’s orbit
- Boeing’s 787 Dreamliner will include electronically-dimming windows instead of shades
- Vision Research’s v1610 video camera can shoot at a million frames per second
- NASA think they’ve found liquid water on the surface of Mars right now
- Nokia’s U.S. phones will only be available with Windows Phone 7 from now on
- A couple of scientists have developed a sensor that can be built into straws to detect date-rape drugs
- New Wi-Fi standard 802.22 can cover 12,000 square miles from a single base station
- Scientists have discovered that two of the building blocks of our DNA definitely came from outer space
- Nokia ran an ad with a woman talking on a cell phone…but the phone she’s using is an iPhone
The pause.com Entertainment Podcast is hosted by long-time friends Tony Incopero and Lou Zucaro. Join them as they discuss all sorts of fun things in the world of entertainment, gaming, gadgets, cars and more with a healthy dose of their sense of humor.
iTunes subscribers! If you’re not seeing this episode on our iTunes page (linked at the top of this post) never fear! Just make sure you’re subscribed and your iTunes software on your computer will retrieve the latest episode. Just hit the refresh button in your library’s Podcasts page if you don’t see it.