Episode 81 of The pause.com Entertainment Podcast is live!
NOTE: To subscribe to the pause.com Entertainment Podcast on iTunes Click here to open iTunes to our podcast, then click the SUBSCRIBE button.
We start out this episode with a touch of listener mail, general pleasantries and geekery.
In video games, the guys talk about Mass Effect 2. Tony talks more about Little Big Planet 2 as well as Fallout: New Vegas, Stacking and The Sims 3. Lou briefly talks about World of Warcraft: Cataclysm. Miscellaneous video game news follows.
In TV (~22:05), the segment starts with American Idol 10 and the guys also talk about Top Chef All-Stars and V. Tony talks about Being Human, Episodes, Face Off, The Chicago Code and The Office. Lou spends a few minutes on Castle season 2, Chase, Cake Boss: The Next Great Baker and Fringe, and then the guys talk about Selling New York for a minute. Random TV news tidbits after that.
In Movies (~1:15:40), Tony saw The Fighter, watched The Social Network again on Blu-ray, The A merican and Waiting for Hockney. Lou hasn’t had time to see a movie lately, although the idea sounds fascinating. Miscellaneous movie news follows.
In the Mash-Up segment (~1:40:55) the news this week includes:
- Best Buy now has an electronics buy-back program, but it’s being pretty much universally dismissed as a complete waste of money.
- Scientists working on a way to reduce the effects of stress on the intestinal tract may have accidentally stumbled upon a cure for baldness.
- LEGO’s got a new line of sets coming out this year called Alien Conquest that have “abduction action and lights”
- BMW will launch an eco-brand of electric, hybrid and possibly alternative-fuel cars.
- Apple has confirmed that March 2 will be the date of an iPad event.
- Two Libyan Mirage F1 fighter pilots have escaped to Malta after refusing to attack unarmed civilian protestors on the streets.
- Thermaltake has an updated version of it’s Level 10 PC case, called the Level 10 GT.
- Audi’s 2011 A8 has been reviewed by Autoblog and they couldn’t heap enough praise on it. One of their favorite things is Audi’s new MMI Touch interface, with a touch panel on the console that lets the driver or co-pilot write letters with his or her finger to find things quickly in the menus, or enter addresses for the navigation system.
- Russian scientists are only about 100 feet from drilling through a couple miles of Antarctic ice into Lake Vostok, a sub-glacial lake that’s been sealed off from the rest of the world for maybe as long as 15 million years.
- Adobe has confirmed that Honeycomb (Android 3) tablets like the Motorola Xoom will get an update that’ll let them run Flash in just a few weeks.
- Finally, a man named Rudolph Resta lost his wallet in 1970…only to have it found and returned to him by a security guard just the other day (40 years later)
As always, the end of the episode is when Tony & Lou reveal their votes for this week’s (and this year’s!) Best & Worst entertainment moments.
The pause.com Entertainment Podcast is hosted by long-time friends Tony Incopero and Lou Zucaro. Join them as they discuss all sorts of fun things in the world of entertainment, gaming, gadgets, cars and more with a healthy dose of their sense of humor.
iTunes subscribers! If you’re not seeing this episode on our iTunes page (linked at the top of this post) never fear! Just make sure you’re subscribed and your iTunes software on your computer will retrieve the latest episode. Just hit the refresh button in your library’s Podcasts page if you don’t see it!