Episode 103 of The pause.com Entertainment Podcast is live!
This episode of The pause.com Entertainment Podcast is brought to you by Yumbly. Search Chicago-area restaurants and menus to find exactly what you’re hungry for. Yum.
NOTE: To subscribe to the pause.com Entertainment Podcast on iTunes Click here to open iTunes to our podcast, then click the SUBSCRIBE button.
In video games, the guys talk about Skyrim. Tony talks about Gotham City Imposters and Cordy. Miscellaneous gaming news follows.
In TV (~18:00), the guys talk about American Idol, The Voice and The River. Tony talks about Revenge. Lou talks about Ringer, Alcatraz, Fringe and The Finder. Then onto some general TV news.
In Movies (~54:15), Tony talks about Hugo, The Help and, for Tony’s Classic Film Project, Delicatessen. Lou talks about In Time, Abduction and Safe House. Some movie news follows.
In the Mashup (~1:21:10), the news this week includes:
- Kazuo Hirai, formerly in charge of the Playstation, will now head up all of Sony
- Microsoft will release the Windows 8 Consumer Preview on Feb 29th
- Sources are saying the iPad3 will have a Retina Display, 4G LTE through AT&T or Verizon, and be announced or released on March 7th
- Apple is now worth more than Microsoft and Google combined
- A company called AON is promising a 1cm holographic storage system soon that’ll store 1TB of data
- A 1964 Ferrari 250 GTO was sold to a private collector for $31.8 million
- HTC admitted that some of their phones leak WiFi credentials. A fix is available.
- Samsung has shown off a voice-activated touchscreen remote that it’ll sell later this fall with one of their smart TVs
- The QuikServe from WestBend is a vertical conveyor toaster that’ll toast your stuff in 90 seconds
- James Bond will drive the Aston Martin DB5 again, in this fall’s Skyfall
- New technology may allow you to unlock your computer, cell phone and other devices with your heartbeat
- Verizon has a new “old cell phone trade-in program” available. Bring your old junk to a Verizon store to learn how much they’ll give you for it (in store credit)
- Audi’s forthcoming RS4 Avant will have a 450hp V8, but won’t be sold in the U.S.
- Motorola may soon be releasing an Intel-powered Android superphone
- Finally, in Iceland, they have a website that helps people not have sex with their own relatives
Finally, at the end of the episode is when Tony & Lou reveal their choices for best and worst entertainment moments of the week…and, this time, for the whole year!
The pause.com Entertainment Podcast is hosted by long-time friends Tony Incopero and Lou Zucaro. Join them as they discuss all sorts of fun things in the world of entertainment, gaming, gadgets, cars and more with a healthy dose of their sense of humor.
iTunes subscribers! If you’re not seeing this episode on our iTunes page (linked at the top of this post) never fear! Just make sure you’re subscribed and your iTunes software on your computer will retrieve the latest episode. Just hit the refresh button in your library’s Podcasts page if you don’t see it.